Thursday, April 9, 2009

Giggle Giggle!!




NOTHING beats the sound of a baby's giggle.

Tonight Luke giggled for the first time. YUMMY! He was snuggling with his Daddy and having a fun ol' time when it happened. Mike buried his face into Lukie's neck and growled as only a Daddy can and Luke broke into a giggle. Mike called me over and of course everybody wanted in on the action so within minutes most of the mob was watching as our newest toy (Luke) kept us entertained. Could he be any cuter? Hmmmmm, nope.
We also put Luke on the rug tonight to give him some tummy time. Now that his chest is healing, he can stand more movement and he loves it. Mike and I stare in awe and amazement as our supposedly "slow" baby wriggles and writhes his was around the carpet. Our continual mantra that we say is obviously Luke did not get the notice that he has Down syndrome and that he is supposed to do things on a slower pace. As he gets older he may in fact "fall behind" but we feel like he will always be right where he needs to be.

I love having a kid with Down syndrome. Every person in this family will become a better person from being around Luke. We will all learn to slow down and enjoy life more, to be more selfless. I hope. He is so sweet and I am smitten.
I am posting a couple of pics of Luke with his Dad and his biggest brother, Mike.

Let the race begin. If you happen to swing by and peer in our windows you are likely to see 6 people making crazy faces all just to make a baby giggle. Life is sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love the baby giggles!!!! I feel warm, happy and inspired when I read your blog. You are such an amazing mom - such an amazing family. Thank you for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! You are so lucky to have a baby around. I just posted today about how my baby is no longer a baby. So sad.

    ReplyDelete