Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Free Fallin'







We jumped and we're free falling but I can see the bottom and its going to be okay. Luke is done with his surgery and things went really well. The bottom 2 photos are pre-op in his oh so stylie hospital jammies. The top 2 show the aftermath. I'm sure to everyone else it looks scary to see all of those tubes coming out of him, but to us all we can see is our beautiful boy with a heart that's finally the way it should be. Please, continue to send out your prayers, good vibes and whatever else you people have been doing because we feel it and we are SO grateful.
I might add at this time that I am also extremely grateful for handheld devices. Time flies when you can indulge your inner Crackberry/IPOD junkie and it keeps your mind off of the fact that your son is on a heart/lung bypass machine...
So now back I go to Oaktown, to my sweet angel who looks so amazing to me right now, tubes and all. I will be spending the nights with him whether he knows I'm there or not. I am not looking forward to sleeping on that thing they claim is a pull out bed.
And as the title of the blog says we are still free falling. I will feel like we have landed on firm ground the day I take my fat little guy out of the hospital and back home where he belongs.
Be okay, right?



5 comments:

  1. We are right there with you in spirit, shouting for joy for the miracle of life you are experiencing. Our only advice is, GET SOME SLEEP. When the breathing tube is in all is very calm, very calculated, and you DON'T need to worry. Save your energy and sleepless nights for possibly a later time, (you know teething or a baby with a cold). We have hope that all will go smoothly and Luke will be home in 6 days.

    And remember that it won't be long before you will really be able to celebrate Luke (his health and having a new Edlinger Baby). Luke is perfect! Absolutely adorable and his life is a miracle, just like every baby is. You will just get to enjoy the sweet innocence and purity of a child longer than most people experience with their own children. Lucky you! Congratulations and hang in there! We'll keep the prayers coming.
    Susan Biery

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kinney.
    i'm so glad that everything went smoothly. your little guy looks like such a happy little baby.
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kinney,
    We have been praying for you and following little Luke's progress through your Mom. What a blessing that little Luke has such a nice big family to love on him. My God richly bless you and all of yours.
    Fondly
    Mark and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinney,
    I remeber when I was in your ward as a missionary and when anybody needed anything fixed, your husband would always say, "I can do that". Whenever the Birds needed a new mantle, he said, "I can build that". I just thought to myself how these words are true for your family today. Mike may be wearing of on you cause you have that attitude that shines and says, "I can do that". And you will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinney - I just admire you so much. Your attitude and humor are inspiring to read. Luke is so lucky to be your son and you his mom. by the way, he is so beautiful - and looks so healthy. wow. We were so relieved to hear about the success of his surgery. I love hearing about him trying to pull out all of his tubes. Strong Edlingers!!!

    ReplyDelete