Monday, March 16, 2009

Surgery for Lukas




Well, the time has come a bit earlier than anticipated to fix Luke's heart. He goes in at 8 a.m. Wednesday the 18th of March. The day before his big sister, Anneliese's birthday! I'm not as nervous today as I have been in weeks past. I feel more resigned to the fact that whatever is going to happen is going to happen. It is a good, peaceful feeling. (That may change after I spend ALL DAY at Childrens Hospital Oakland tomorrow doing all of his pre-op and I am looking at the PICU!) As I have said before, the fact that Luke has Down syndrome does not phase me. To me and my family he just is who he is. The heart defect (AVSD defect) though, has thrown me for a loop for sure.

I will try to update this as frequently as possible with pics and info about Luke and what's new with him and the rest of our crazy mob. We are hoping for the best and are so grateful to our friends and family for all they are doing for us. THANK YOU!!!

11 comments:

  1. Fasting and Praying with all of our hearts tomorrow!
    With Love & Friendship -
    The Holt Family

    p.s. Happy B-Day Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kinney.
    you, luke and the rest of your family are in my prayers.
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinnie, and Family,
    I hope all goes well. God be with you.

    Tracy Bertagnole and Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family are in my family's prayers. What a great mob to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi My Plum,
    I am with you, and will be with you always; my heart and prayers are with you. It would seem impossible to love you more, but I do each day. Lukas is a precious gift and we will all be one in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow. I'll be there in a couple of hours.
    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there, Kinney!! Pace yourself like it is a marathon. Take extra vitamins, drink lots of water.

    --Dr Toby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kinney,
    I'm praying for Lukas all day today. Know that God is in the operating room with him and is in complete control. Rest in His arms while He takes care of little Lukie. I love you!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Kinney, I hope all goes well with Luke's surgery. Ed, Amanda and I have been keeping all of you in our family prayers. I have been silently praying for ya'll all day. Just know that ya'll are on our minds and hearts...

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kinney!

    We had no idea. What a sweet bundle of blessings and lessons. When I read this I offered a prayer on behalf of Luke, you and your family. I am sure your names are in the temple but we will make sure of it this evening!

    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOORAY! Lucky Lukey Loo is a champ! While he is resting and recovering we can all begin our recovery too. Great doctors, wonderful nurses and a successful repair. Our prayers are answered and now we're ready to have Lukas begin the rest of his life with his ticker fixed. What an incredible miracle and relief.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete